Mexican Food is definitely one of those foods that I could eat all day, any day. SO, when I saw this recipe on Pinterest I HAD to pin it.
SEARCH TERMS: Mexican chicken recipe
Let me just say, baked fresh or eaten as leftovers (cold and hot), this dish is DELISH. It definitely feels like comfort food and if you cut back on the amount of rice you use (we used brown rice) and swap the regular cheese for lowfat (who really likes Fat Free cheese – NO ONE) and greek yogurt for sour cream it really isn’t terrible for ya…and Mr. Darcy loved it. (I always know it is a winner when he wants leftovers for lunch OR says, “you should make this again!”)
I had Mack bring over a roasted chicken from the store (I know, I cut corners…OOOOR, am I just savvy with my time!?! 😉 ) so this dish was a GREAT after work option. And, if you are like me, you can pair the cooking process with a nice glass of refreshing wine (I chose the Main & Geary Pinot Grigio because it is a DELISH “starter” wine and was at BevMo’s 5cent sale – LOVE those sales).
Question to the non-novice cooks out there – See the liquid coming off of the finished dish? What is that? Can I cut back on that in some way?
Here is the list of ingredients if that helps answer the above question:
- 2 cups white long grain rice (I used Brown Rice)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- One 15-ounce can mild green enchilada sauce
- One 4-ounce can sliced black olives
- One 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used greek yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Roasted Ground Cumin
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat cheese)
For the FULL recipe and awesome/helpful comments check out Picky Palate’s Chicken and Black Bean Green Enchilada Rice recipe here: http://picky-palate.com/2011/04/25/chicken-and-black-bean-green-enchilada-rice-bake/
Any delish, easy after work recipes that are your go-tos that you don’t mind sharing?! I’d love to hear them!!
PS. I need a new camera. My food is not looking that appetizing on my camera phone photos. BUT I swear, they are delish. If you know of sweet camera deals though, I am open to suggestion ;-).