Happy Hump Day Dear Readers,
It’s been awhile since I’ve written a Hump Day post and what better day than today to share Mr. Darcy’s “healthier” crema recipe! (Even though it is crema, it makes my front hump feel better that it is a lower fat topping option). I know what you are saying, “FINALLY, an original idea,” ha! Well, it is Mr. Darcy’s idea, and I think you are going to love it!
This is a delicious Jalepeno/Cilantro Non-Fat Crema that works perfectly in place of a topping of sour cream on a Mexican dish and/or as a dip!
- 1 lime
- 1 whole bundle of cilantro
- 4 whole jalepenos (leave half the seeds in when you chop)
- 32 oz container of NF Plain Yogurt (not Greek yogurt)
- Rough chop jalapenos and cilantro and put in Chef’n VeggiChop Vegetable Chopper* (or blender if you do not have one) with juice of one full lime, blend until it is minced:
- Stir and thoroughly mix jalapeno/cilantro mixture into yogurt and let sit in fridge minimum of 3 hours.
Charlotte kept pointing people away from the Sour Cream at the 30th Fiesta to try Mr. Darcy’s Crema and I have to say, PEOPLE WERE IMPRESSED! Whip this up the next time you make enchiladas, tacos, mexican salad, you name it!
ENJOY, Karen…and Mr. Darcy
*Williams Sonoma carries the Chef’n VeggiChop Vegetable Chopper: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/729376/?catalogId=96&bnrid=3120901&cm_ven=Google_PLA&cm_cat=Cooks’_Tools&cm_pla=Fruit_&_Vegetable_Tools&cm_ite=Chef’n_VeggiChop_Vegetable_Chopper_%7C_Williams-Sonoma&srccode=cii_17588969&cpncode=32-174968023-2